Friday, May 7, 2010

Marli-speak 2

Marli LOVES to help out whenever I need to get something done. So, she says, "I help it." However, when I need her to clean up her toys or mess, she suddenly doesn't want to "help it." Hmmmm....

She's counting to 15 now very clearly. She counts EVERYTHING! The bubbles at the gym (there are bubbles going up the clear wall in water), the steps leading up to our apartment, her crayons, etc. She sometimes forgets the number 4 and the number 8, but she remembers and then tacks them on at the end. She also loves to sing the ABC's. She's getting it down pretty good now. Repetition is key and there is no lack of repetition with a two-year-old! I think I sang it with her 10 times in a row in the car the other day.

When her little cousin, Mia, is around, watch out! They are the terrible twosome! They were over at Coco's last night and Ibis had fallen asleep on the couch, Geno was busy cleaning something and I was up in Escondido away from the action. Geno found them in Coco's room smearing Vaseline in their hair like shampoo. Thus began the fun rounds of shampooing to try to get that stuff out. After 4-5 shampoos, her hair is still a big greaseball. I did try cornstarch. I left it in her hair for about 2 hours to soak up the grease and then I just shampooed her hair again for the 5th time, I believe. Well, it sort of worked. Not too bad. I think one more round of cornstarch and shampoo might do the trick. I also heard that rubbing an egg in the hair might help......Oh, what fun! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. oh gosh lolli...this cracks me up! I'll have to remember the vaseline trick in case I ever run up against the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete