Monday, August 2, 2010

A Novel Idea!

One thing I've always wanted to do is write a novel. Is it something I've ever gone to school for? No. Is it something I am particularly good at? No. Since I just ended those last two sentences in prepositions, I think I'm well on my way to a bestseller! LOL.

I've been a bookworm my entire life. My mom used to tell me that she'd have to "unlearn me how to read." She and I happen to be grammar freaks...meaning that we notice and call out any typos we find in anything we read. I would have to correct my friends' notes that they'd pass to me in school. It would bother me to no end when they'd misuse the different spellings for "your" and "you're" and especially "to", "too" and "two"! I would read in the bathtub, on the toilet (okay, who doesn't?), in the car, under the covers when my light was supposed to be out, on the couch....you get the idea. My parents would drive me to the library every 3 weeks to check out my books. I'd check out the maximum number, which was 23 books, and return all of them three weeks later, having read all of them. These weren't picture books. They were full-on novels. I rarely would watch tv. I think I'm making up for that now in my adult life. My mom even bought me a light that would go around my neck and flip up to shed light on the book I'd be holding on my lap. That's what I'd use under the covers. Hee hee.

Anyway, I decided to finally jump on it and get crackin' on my novel. I believe I've come up with a fairly good plot that will have some appeal to many different readers. I don't want to reveal too much here. You never know if it ends up being a Harry Potter or Twilight phenomenon! Right. It does have a vampire element and some supernatural super special stuff. Like my alliteration? Check back on my progress through this new journey into the world of writing fiction. I've already written 3 whole pages. Wow.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! You know who to send it to when you need some constructive critizism. Jeff has aspired to writing someday as well but probably won't get to it for a long time.

    ReplyDelete