Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy Birthday!

On Friday, we went to my mom's to celebrate her birthday and then today, we went to the Bueno's to celebrate Annya's birthday. I made a cake of course! Here it is:

This was my first attempt at the basketweave technique, and I think it turned out well! I start my new job as a cake decorator at Crumbs of Paris this Tuesday. He's just trying me out for the week until he feels he knows where to start me as a decorator. I'm stoked! Just to be around it and learn from an executive pastry chef is going to be so exciting! I'll definitely be keeping this updated with all my creations! :o)

Also, a lady at church has asked me to do 10 cakes for her son's wedding open house reception here in a couple of weeks. I'm a bit nervous, but she doesn't want anything too fancy, so it should be okay! She also wants a 3-tiered cake on the front table. The 10 cakes will be used as part of the centerpieces. I'm excited to see how I do. I'll be doing them all in white and will be making each one different.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm excited for you and hope everything works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the job! That would be so much fun. I have been drooling over the cake decorating stuff lately. We have been asked to make a lot of cheesecakes lately and I am always looking for fun ways to make them look nice. I don't think I have the patience for regular cakes though. Your's look awesome!

    ReplyDelete