Saturday, January 2, 2010

Change is in the Air

Ever since Ibis and I were married, we've both had callings in our ward filled with a lot of responsibility. He started out as a Sunday School teacher for the teen group and I was a Nursery Leader. After about a year, I was moved into the Primary Presidency as Second Counselor and Ibis was moved into the Elder's Quorum Presidency as a counselor. Well, for the past 2 years or so, I've been there in the Primary and he's been Elder's Quorum President for the past year I believe. Recently, I've been called as the Primary President. I'm a little intimidated, but I know it will be okay since I've been in there and pretty much know everything that goes on in the Primary! I guess my calling in this ward is to stick with the little ones. They're so precious and they truly need the love and support of their leaders at church. We have a few convert children in the preteen classes, which is super important! We also have children whose parents don't come to church but they allow the kids to come. It's a major responsibility for me to be able to keep them coming and raise them in the Gospel. I'm looking forward to this change and I hope I'll be able to live up to the calling!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll do great as Primary President. You have the perfect personality and character traits. I love Primary - I'm first counselor in my ward. The changes for 2010 are great aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm likin' the changes, but it's a bit of a drag for some of the older kids who have to stick it out in the same class for one more year! Next year, things will seem on track though. I think I've gotten it worked out with my teachers and I'm really excited for my counselors!

    ReplyDelete