Monday, January 4, 2010

Got the Role!

About a month or so ago, I auditioned for A Little Night Music (Sondheim) at Lyric Opera for the role of Petra. I got it! I'm very excited because it's quite a different role than I'm used to playing. I usually get cast as the young girl who is in love with the leading man....well, not in this show! I'm the saucy maid who tells it like it is and does what she can to get to the top and only wants to have fun. Awesome music in this show and I'm looking forward to beginning rehearsals.

I've also taken on choreographing for my friend, Olivia's, musical up in Carlsbad at the school where I did my student teaching about 6 years ago. They're doing Into the Woods (yet another Sondheim show). I start that this week. :) I choreographed Once on This Island for her a few years ago and I'm excited to work with her again.

I'll also be starting up with Edudance again this semester after a semester of no classes. So, I have a pretty busy schedule to start off the new year! Lots of things to do. :)

2 comments:

  1. Lolly, you are just awesome. You are going to do great in your new calling, and it's so exciting hearing about all the other things you are doing! WOW! You are such a naturally ambitious person, and I think I feel more energetic by just READING your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, you are so sweet! I truly miss you and I wish we lived closer so that we can really get to know one another as mommies. I'm soooo grateful that I flew out there for the reunion and I hope it's not another ten years before we see each other again!

    ReplyDelete